Tuesday, January 4, 2011

045

Holy crap! I'm going home next week! When I put it that way, it feels very very very close but it is not sinking in. What the hell is wrong with me. Argh.

I've been busy every day so far, and now that it's nearing the end, my schedule is filling up and up. I hope I don't run out of time to get everything done.

On the 2nd I hung out with my host sister Chiharu, and our friend Mayu. We went to Bikkuri Donkey (my favourite Japanese chain restaurant) and did Karaoke too. It was the last time I saw Mayu, because the period of time around my departure is when her main High School final tests are on. :( I hope I can see her again someday though.


On the 3rd, I spent the day in Sapporo to meet Jono, the guy who was here from my District last year. He'd come back to visit, so there was Jono, Rikiya (he went to Australia while Jono was here), Miyu (went to America last year), Minami (went to Australia year before last), and Sam (the other exchange girl from Australia at the moment).

It was a pretty good day, we just hung out and went to Karaoke, took Purikura, looked around shops, ate and went out for dinner at Taj Mahal.


Aaaand today, the 4th, my host dad took me, Chiharu, Josh and Matthew (the two sons of the Australian lady who's also staying at this house) out to the snowfields to do some skiing and snowboarding.


I hadn't snowboarded since March when I went to Niseko, so even though I was a tiiiiny bit better, it was still only my second time and I only went down the slope 3 times. So hard lol. But we had really good weather so it wasn't too bad.


And yeah... Just another update. I expect there'll be a lot of updates in this final week, as I have another Farewell party tomorrow night, then another meeting with the Eniwa Mayor, and a few more nights out with the Exchange kids. Busy busy busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment