Sunday, January 3, 2010

004

I am genuinely scared. It sunk in today that I have only three weeks left until I leave. I'm realising how much I actually will miss my friends, I will miss my family, my home, my town, the familiarity of everything...

I know that this is a big turning point in my life; I realise that it will change me. But I am scared. I'm scared of returning back to Australia and finding that all of my friends have moved away, too far away for me to see them again, or they will have forgotten me. I have three weeks left to spend as much time as I can with them all, and my family too.

My younger sister, Hanna, went to Vietnam today, for a holiday with my Grandma (I went to China in 2007, and took my Grandma along, so this year is Hanna's turn for a Grandma bonding holiday). She'll be gone for two weeks. That means that when she returns, it's only one week until I leave.

I'm dreading the moment where I'll say goodbye to everyone for the last time. And writing that just brought tears to my eyes.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura I haven't seen u in 6 yrs and I STILL can't 4get u..... im sure everyone else feels the same XD........Jess Ford

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! I win! You actually ADMITTED that your gonna miss me!!! And it's gonna so weird being an only child, thankgod for webcam!

    ReplyDelete