Sunday, January 31, 2010

007

ahhhhhh the feeling of unrestricted internet access in the comfort of my own bedroom!

i moved house today, as the family i was with previously were only hosting me for a week while i settled in. now i'm living in a large apartment on the second floor, with a host mum, dad and 2 sisters (18 and 20).

Tomorrow I start school which will be scary... I catch the train at 7:23am and then walk from the Kaminopporo station to my high school (Kitahiroshima nishi koutou-gakkou). It's a pretty far way to walk but at least it will burn off all the okashi (snacks) i've been eating.

Last night I went to Sapporo for a Rotary introductory meeting, where I met with fellow exchange students plus all the students bound for America, Finland, Canada and Australia this August. We all did speeches (in Japanese of course) and stuff like that. I was invited to go out with the other Rotary students to Karaoke in the city but my Counselor said I wasn't allowed, which made me feel a little upset that the others got to go out and have fun together and i didn't, but once I got home and played with the kids and went for a late-night cake run with my host mum, I was feeling better.

Lately I've been feeling a little run down, just little bits of everything; little bit sore throat, little bit headache, little bit of a cough, but very tired, alot of the time. I hope it's just from the whole big change of scene, and that I bounce back after school starts. I'm gonna need all the energy I can get for school, seeing as though I'll be away from home for at least 9 hours each day.

I now have unlimited internet :) so I'll try and regulate this blog now, at least for the next 3 months, because my next family don't have internet again. sigh. not looking forward to that lol.

Ok well until next time.

Love from Laura xx

2 comments: