Friday, January 29, 2010

006

just letting everyone know that i am safely in Eniwa,everything is going really well, and I start school on Monday. A down-side is that my host family doesnt have the internet, thus why im typing in this weird font on a scary japanese computer.

to briefly outline what has happened since last blog;

Sunday (after last blog):

Flew on a ‘regional‘ flight to Hokkaido... turned out to be a Boeing 747-400, which was completely painted in Pokemon characters. Awesome. After trying extremely hard not to sleep, and failing, we came into sight of Hokkaido.The plane had a live feed camera on the front of it, so I was able to watch the land approach. It was cool. I didn:t actually realise the place was entirely covered in snow until I looked out the window and realised that no, they werent just pale coloured paddocks, it was half a metre of snow. I nearly jumped out of the plane I was that excited. Anyway, walked inside the airport to be greeted with a giant ‘Welcom Laura Jane KOERBIN from Australia to Eniwa‘ banner; i nearly cried to be honest. I felt famous because there were at least 30 people surrounding me, all with cameras flashing, all calling my name to look at them. Then I was whisked away to a hotel restaurant where we had coffee and cake and I was introduced to everyone; i forgot their names as soon as they said them!

Then I went shopping with my counsellor and his daugher and daughter-in-law for a new pillow for me. they got me the biggest one they could find, we couldnt even find a pillowcase that fitted it.We went out for dinner at a yaki-niku,which are those tables with the bbqs built into them. it was good, but not quite sure what it was that i ate...

Ive been staying with my counsellors son and his wife and their 3 kids, shyou-do (10 yo boy),riko (5 yo girl who adores me greatly),and touru (4yo boy who loves listening to ‘The Locomotion‘ at 5am).I move to my first official family on Sunday.

On Monday I was ecstatic to see the snow, and the snow falling, and play in the snow, and take photos of the snow. I love it so much! The coldest its been while im here, so far, was -8. awesome. and the warmest, 1 degree lol.We also went shopping which I found entertaining; things like ‘Blendy Sticks‘,‘every hamburger‘s,‘creap‘ and ‘crunky‘s.Even ‘PetSheets‘, whatever they are.

Tuesday I spent the majority of the day at the Elementary School playing in the snow with the little kids, and looking around the school, and teaching a class about Aussie Animals. the kids all loved me and i had to shake EVERYONES hand and one girl just started hugging my legs and wouldnt let go lol.
I also had lunch with them, sat at the little seat and had the tiny obento box and everything. it was all going nicely until i came to the realisation that there were tiny baby sardines mixed into my rice. oh my god. i tried to psych myself up to eat it but i just could not. argh.

On Wednesday I went to my first Rotary meeting which went well, I did a speech (in Japanese of course) and had lunch there and stuff. Good good.

Yesterday I visited the local temple, and today I saw my school for the first time. They have asics sports uniforms and shoes, no piercings and no jewellery allowed..... hmm...

ok i have to go. i will upload photos on facebook i hope. i wanted to make this blog like the last but it may take a while. im hoping my next family have internet :P

ok! bye bye bye bye bye さようなら

2 comments:

  1. ネットない!たいへんですね!
    私、あなた と ジェニーちゃnがいなくて さびしいです。T__T
    でも、日本はたのしいそう :D
    Wah miss you, don't know how the no jewellery thing is going to go XD (maybe just wear earmuffs over them all day or something XD)
    luffluffluffluff <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so much fun to read.. famous for five minutes ha? =P

    Impressed with the pokemon plane and landing camera.. awesome.

    ♥♫♪♥ Liz

    Btw: Niki did most of her blogs at school! ... maybe?????

    ReplyDelete