Thursday, March 11, 2010

013

just to start, this was copied from my Tumblr. account. my Tumblr. is sort of a more personal bloggy/photo page, whereas this is more about sharing with everyone what I get up to in Japan. If anyone is interested - http://laura-jane.tumblr.com/

- - -

i haven’t been able to sleep for maybe 3-4 days now. never happened before… but i just sit up until any time between midnight and 3am, not really doing anything, just sitting and clicking around the internet. it doesn’t help that i need to be up at 6am every morning for school, but that’s okay. at this rate i’ll be getting up for school in about 4 hours. :P

today i actually got out of the house though, which was great; the past week has gone really slowly from lack of doing stuff. tonight i went out to dinner with a family i know, to this really nice place that i’ve been to once before.

we went to another restaurant afterwards for dessert - i fell in love with the high ceilings, thick curtains and the mismatching chandeliers, and the overall vintage atmosphere it had. the lighting was really well done, and i’m pretty sure my future house will be influenced by this (or at least one of the rooms will be).

alot of people are talking about Easter back in Australia, and it feels odd to me because there is absolutely nothing here in Japan that relates to it. the Japanese barely even know what it is, when I ask. it’s okay though, less chocolate, less body fat! Easter is never as exciting as it was when i was younger, anyway.

I also found out today that my hosting Rotary Club is taking me on a trip to Kyoto next month sometime for the weekend, along with some other Rotary members and another girl who’s here from Australia, whom I’ve only met twice. I’m looking forward to it - any opportunity to travel is an instant ‘happiness’ for me. :)

- - -

Last night I attended my sponsor Rotary Club (Pambula 9710) meeting via Skype.. it was really cool, went really smoothly and I talked for about 15 mins (Q&A). They've invited me to Skype in again for their 20th Anniversary meeting in June, and the District Governer will be attending too.

Next weekend, together with Rotary, I'm going to Niseko for a skiing weekend. It's apparantly very popular with Australians, so who knows, might make some friends lol.

In other news, I was finally able to come home from school alone for the first time haha. Usually I'm always accompanied by a friend or something. All my friends were worried about me getting lost, but it's an extremely easy route from school to the train station, basically every train stops in Eniwa - and I can read the timetable well enough to know which one to catch and from which platform - and the route from the Eniwa station to my apartment is also very straightforward.

All up, I walk about 5-6km a day between my home and school every day. This will increase to around 7-8km a day when I start walking to the station from home in the mornings when it's warmer.

Ok well that's enough from me for tonight - it's time for me to go to bed! 2:16am, Laura, what!? I need to have a word with my body clock.

1 comment:

  1. always enjoy following your story.. you will come back one fit girls :D

    Have a good week end :D

    Liz <3

    ReplyDelete