Monday, August 23, 2010

025

Whooaa Australian elections are going mad. I'm stressing out from the lack of news that I can get from here. Sorry to all who are Liberals reading this, but I'm going for Julia... So good luck to her. If Abbott gets in, I will be very sad. Hmph.

Anyway, because I am the lovely old age of 18, I had to cast my vote, so I moseyed down to the Australian Consulate office in Sapporo (conveniently close to the station) and cast my vote. Yay me. It felt very nice to be in a little room of Australia.. a little slice of home, even if the receptionist was a Japanese lady. But even seeing the coat of arms and the stuffed koala toys made me feel confortable there lol.

On Friday afternoon I escaped school early and went with Rotary to Chitose, to help out the Rotoract club with their food stall. Initially my host club ditched me there, and there wasn't much to do apart from prepare and package stuff, but soon the sun went down and the taiko drums started up and the dances started parading in, and my host club people returned with the Chinese lady here for University, so we hung out and in the end it was quite fun.

On my favourite day of every week (Saturday), I had my fellow Aussie exchanger friend Samantha come over. We had a look at this little festival in my town which wasn't great, so we went and did Karaoke and Purikura instead.

...lovely makeover done there by Samantha haha.

That night we went to the airport to greet our newbie exchange student #2, Dakota, from America. Earlier this week I also went to the airport to greet the first newbie, Kaela, from Canada. A Finnish girl arrived too, but I don't know anything about her... and the last girl from America arrives on Friday.

Yay! I'm so happy to have new exchanger friends. I miss the old bunch of exchangers but now we get to be the senpai's and know everything :P

On a more depressing note, school has resumed. Bleehhhh. I'm being ignored again - only a few people say good morning to me, and after that I pretty much don't get a second glance from anyone. I don't really care. I'm tired of Japanese school. I just count down the hours til I can come home here and hang out with my host family.

Oh. And, it's now been 7 months of being in Japan :) It's going very quickly. One more month until my family come!!! And then after that, it's the homeward run. I will admit that I'm excited to come back home. It's great here, but Australia is where my heart is, as soft and corny as that sounds haha :)



No comments:

Post a Comment