Sunday, August 8, 2010

023

Hello August! The months really are flying by. I now have just over 5 months of this exchange left, yet I still remember my first week here as though it were last month. Wow.

So late July, my host mum bought me a Yukata (summer kimono), which I wore to a Rotary meeting and to the Eniwa Summer Festival. It's really fun to dress up in it, and get my hair done, and have my host mum's voice go super high when she calls me "KAWAAAAAIIII!!!" haha.



So, skip forward a few days to the 5th of this month - the other Australian girl Sam and I took the hour-long train to Otaru, which is north of Sapporo and right on the ocean. It's really hot now, being summer and all, but it was a fun day.

On Thursday, I went to Sapporo to meet Dylan and his host dad, to go to a museum. We caught the train back to Shin-Sapporo, then back-tracked yet again to a smaller station, and then arrived to find that the museum was closed haha. So, we backtracked AGAIN to Sapporo and went to the City Hall, where the museum had a little exhibition - it was for the anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing (6.8.45 - this year was the 65th anniversary). After that Dylan and I went and saw Toy Story 3, in Japanese, in 3D. We understood it too :D

Then today I spent the morning watching baseball with Rotary... the Eniwa club were sponsoring it so we had to attend. We sat in the sun in the stands for about 2 hours, and I didn't bring a hat, so now I'm sunburnt :/ and I only just got over my heatstroke (...3 day headache was NOT fun).
After that we went to Saitou's farm which has fully grown, and I ran around picking beans and eating them and looking at the corn and pumpkins and taking photos of dragonflies. Ifelt like a little kid again haha. Then we went and had lunch, and I went back to Saitou's house to look at the wedding video from his daughters wedding (the one I went dress shopping with). So I got to see Ganjiro and Sabu again, which made me happy :)

I was supposed to go camping at the beach near Otaru with my host family last night, but it got cancelled because of the rain... and I was supposed to go to a small town tonight called Yuni, to meet with the Japanese guy who just returned from his exchange in Australia, but my Rotary Club said I wasn't allowed :( Maybe another time. But anyway, that's it for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment