Wednesday, December 15, 2010

040

Well the Farewell Party was a success - Myself and the other two Australian Exchange Students (Dylan, from Townsville, and Samantha, from Nambucca Heads) did speeches and Dylan and I did presentations (See the link to mine at the end of this blog).

We also had speeches from our Japanese teachers and Rotarians and we received gifts and got photos taken, all that jazz. And, of course, after the meeting we all went to Karaoke.

Farewell Speech...


Kaela (Canada), Miyu (USA Rebounder), Samantha, Me, Dylan, Yodai (USA next year), Chiharu (Australia next year), Eveliina (Finland), and the District Chairman + another important Rotary guy...

AUSSIIEEE!

All us Exchange kids.. (Back L>R) Yodai, Eveliina, Chiharu,
Hiroshi (Canada next year), Miyu, Me, (Front L>R) Dylan, Kaela and Samantha.

So it was a pretty good night, although not as many people turned up as I was expecting :( But I got a lot of praise for my presentation, so I'm proud of that :)



In other news, the snow's really arriving now. Sapporo is covered in it, and I think the snow's finally in Eniwa for good (for this Winter). Although I don't really know - I've been confined to my room/house since Monday afternoon. I got sick!!

I slept all day yesterday (Tuesday), only getting up to take painkillers for my sore throat/head/neck/whole body and to eat one small bowl of noodles for lunch. Then I went to bed at 1pm and got up at 10am today. Good side of being sick is no school (I have tomorrow off too), and weight loss. I lost about 1-2kg due to my loss of appetite. But the obvious bad side is feeling like death. :\

Today has been a lot better though and hopefully I'll be completely mended by this weekend.

Also! LESS THAN A MONTH! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :D :D 28 days until I leave Hokkaido, and 2 days after that (thanks to my terrible flight itinerary), I'll be back in my beloved Merimbula. These next 4 weeks feel like they will never end, but then again, I read back on that and think "4 weeks? Only that? That's no time at all!" But still. It feels a verrryyy long way away.

Anyways. Back to bed for me. Gotta love illness :(


MY PRESENTATION: for the presentation, as well as the subtitled video of my speech etc, please go follow this link: http://www.youtube.com/user/laurainjapan2010?feature=mhum - Thanks!)

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Laura. Sad that you've been sick. Glad you still having fun while packing. See you in Oz. John

    ReplyDelete