Saturday, December 25, 2010

042

Merry Christmas~!!

This morning I was woken by a text from my Dad at 7am (9am Australian time) telling me to get on Skype. So after a quick Skype, I headed downstairs to join everyone. All the kids were up but the adults were still in bed so we had to wait a little, and soon enough we were allowed to open our gifts. From my mum and dad (the real ones), I got books and gift vouchers and SO MUCH chocolate and stuff. I also got a few other bits and pieces from other friends and family.

So after that, I headed outside to do a very important thing: BUILD A SNOWMAN!

It actually turned out to be a lot harder than I expected. The snow was all powdery and crumbly and didn't stick together, so it took a lot of effort to just make a tiny snowman. I think he turned out well though!


For the rest of the day everyone just chilled out, eating chocolate and christmas cake, and we had a huge dinner of roast turkey, Shepherd's pie, pasta, and more cake and stuff. I was so ridiculously full (I ended up going for an hour long walk at 8:30pm in the snow because it felt so terrible D: )

And who can forget Christmas bon-bons. I swear I got the best bon-bon gift ever; a piece of plastic that looks like a moustache, that hooks onto your nose and is just generally awesome. I love it lol.
Anyways I hope everyone had a good Christmas, and although I expected today to be hard not being in Australia with my family, it was actually pretty nice. A quiet, white Christmas. And now it's only like 18 days til I'm home again :O :O Woo!


OH! I nearly forgot... Yesterday was my last day of school. I really didn't enjoy going to school here, but leaving everyone yesterday actually got to me a bit. I was sad to say goodbye, which I did not expect at all.

I did a speech in front of my year, then the class president presented me with a bunch of flowers, I was walked through a path of students clapping and cheering me, I was given more presents plus a signed book thing by my home class, and then even more presents from my teacher and librarian. I had two massive bags of stuff to lug home. Definitely more than I could ever have expected.




So yeah, my school life here is over, and I have the rest of my time in Japan to do what I want.

Tomorrow I have a party at Miyu's house with all the other exchange students plus some Japanese friends. That will be fun :) Then, soon enough it will be New Years, then I only have two more Rotary meetings, a meeting with the Mayor, and one or two more Japanese lessons. It's really getting close to the end now, and I can't believe how fast this year has flown by.

No comments:

Post a Comment