Thursday, December 23, 2010

041

Christmas Eve tomorrow! Well, today really but I'm yet to sleep so... tomorrow! It really doesn't feel like it. Having snow and school and not much Christmas stuff around just makes it feel like nothing. :\

Anyways. Last Friday, after I recovered from my sickness, I went to school for one of the two days of the Sports carnival. It was indoors only, with basketball, volleyball, table tennis, etc etc. I didn't have to play anything because I was still sick the day my team played, so I just watched the basketball and a bit of table tennis (both in which my class teams won), and spent the rest of the day sitting at my desk which was very dull.

So yeah, the snow's definitely arrived. I woke up on Saturday morning to a 30cm deep blanket of snow; snow plows were driving around the streets and everything was just white. It's beautiful, and the powder snow is the best. I need to make a snowman soon.

Last night, Wednesday, was the Rotary Family Christmas Party. All the Rotarians brought their wives and kids along (there are no women Rotarians in my club, but we have like a female secretary and stuff), and we played games, won lollies and chocolate, ate, and there was a flower auction??? Not sure how that fitted in but oh well.


Today I went to Sapporo to hang out with Kaela, Dylan and Ku, and we ended up having a new friend tag along too. You see, last week a girl at my school came and asked for my phone number, which is perfectly normal. But yesterday I got a message on my phone saying "Hi, do you remember me? I got your number from so-and-so!" ..........Hmmmm!

It was a guy from a nearby high school who I'd met at the train station way back in like April or something. So he called up and ended up coming and hanging out with us in Sapporo too. It wasn't a bad day lol.
Anyway, that's about it. Tomorrow is a lot of things;
  • Christmas Eve
  • 11 Months of being in Japan
  • Last day of Japanese school (YEAH!)
  • 20 days (3 weeks!) until I return to Australia (WOO!)
I've been receiving Christmas gifts in the mail from my family and friends in Australia, and I can't wait to open them. At the moment I'm the only one with presents under the tree haha :) I can hopefully Skype in with my family tomorrow night while they have their Christmas dinner. My first Christmas away from my family... I wonder how it will turn out.



No comments:

Post a Comment